Join our VLog competition and win £100 voucher and be featured in our mini-documentary series.
HOW TO ENTER
Submit a video around 3-5 minutes documenting your experience of work and disability during the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to hear how your work-life has changed: the good and the bad, new opportunities and new challenges. Videos do not have to be of a professional standard. In fact, we encourage self-shot videos! To enter please complete the release form and entry form below. Deadline for submissions is the 15th December 2021 and we’ll announce winners in January 2022. Winning entries recieve a £100 voucher to UK retail outlets (including Amazon) of their choice and will be featured in our mini-documentary (with their VLog or parts of it).
- You need to be 18 or over to participate.
- You need to work in the UK (including casual, part-time, full-time, volunteering, free-lancing or running your own organization).
- You need to have a disability / mental health condition.
We want to make sure your Vlog will be as accessible to other viewers as possible. We will add audio description and captions to the winning entries before publishing them online and via our mini-documentary. If you do your Vlog in BSL, we will add voice over, audio-description and captions afterwards
This competition is part of a research project. We do not intend to create financial gains for ourselves from publishing or re-publishing the Vlogs or from using them in the mini documentary. The mini-documentary will consists of a small number of short (max 10 minutes) videos published on YouTube and re-shared via our social media channels.
ENTRY FORM / RELEASE FORM
Please use the following application form for your entry.
Please download this release form and upload it when filling in the application form.
This competition is part of a British Academy funded research project. To find out more about the project, please check out this page.
If you require any support linked to your return to work, please get in touch with relevant disability advocacy organizations such as:
- Disability Wales: http://www.disabilitywales.org/ , 029 20887325
- Disability Information Scotland: http://www.disabilityscot.org.uk/, 0300 323 9961
- Disability Action Northern Ireland: https://www.disabilityaction.org/ , 028 9029 7880
- Disability Rights UK, https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/, 0330 995 0400